We had the pleasure of having my cousin, Bethany, and her boyfriend, Mike in our neck of the woods this past week due to Hurricane Gustav. Although I wish we could have spent time with them under different circumstances, we took the opportunity to enjoy every second with them here. Thankfully, Gustav did not completely devastate NOLA.
I must say I have always enjoyed the "Lemanski Clan", but this past week with Bethany and Mike took that enjoyment to the next level. We got to catch up on our jobs, marriage, life in New Orleans and SRB, and of course enjoyed good food and fun together! Sunday night started with a home cooked meal compliments of my Mom and Dad and then led to visits to The Red Bar and Salty Dog Saloon. Bethany and I enjoyed margaritas, salty dogs, and a little too much Patron. To top the night off we got to play the tambourine and maracas during the cab ride home. As I told Whitey, I wish I could carry Bethany around in my pocket. She doesn't meet a stranger and can carry on the best conversations!
Bethany, get ready to break those maracas out soon 'cause we're comin' to New Orleans!
9.07.2008
Our Refugees
Posted by The Tidwells at 9:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment