CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

9.22.2008

ROAD TRIP!!!


Wife's left for mega shopping spree in Atlanta! Left me and the dog on our own! Let's take a road trip! Wooooooo!!!! Par--ty! Par--ty!

Sept 11th Ida and I left Destin FL for Starkville, MS(home of the MSU Bulldogs, later on that topic). We were excited, nervous, scared, sometimes confused but mostly anxious for adventure.
First stop was Pet Smart and adventure found us. Somehow, someway I lost the car keys in Pet Smart somewhere? The location of the keys immediately became first priority. Ha! Returned by an anonymous key philanthropist to Petsmart customer service. Detour lasted maybe 2.5 minutes(1 hr, 15 minutes in Ida time).

The adventure resumes. When beginning a long distance(5 hour) drive with your first pet many thoughts speed through the noggin while staring in your rearview at your precious cargo. Is Ida ok? Why is she sitting, why is she standing, why is she laying down, is she breathing, does she need to pee? Seven minutes later I finally calmed down and accepted the idea that Ida was capable of survival in the back of a Nissian Xterra with both seats down for additional Ida living space(think of the ultimate penalty box). Fortunately the trip went very well. No surprises, no messes!!

We arrived at my parents home without incident. Ida(5 month old lab) met my parents dogs Eddie(13 year old beagle) and Sweetie(10+ year old mutt). NOW the incident. Imagine your grandparents forced to spend a weekend with the annoying British guy that hosted the MTV award show. Ida's itenirary; jump around both of these old dogs and annoy the crap out of them and make them growl, etc.

I attended the MSU/Auburn football game sat night. I was dissapointed in the game however because I didn't intend to see the junior varsity game that resulted in a 3-2 outcome.

Did I miss the real game, are these actually our offensive players or normal students being forced into the game who are being punished gladiator style for oncampus offenses? Picture Auburn linebacker screaming at MSU home crowd, "Do I entertain you!!?" as he stands over lifeless opponent earlier convicted of excessive parking offenses.

I returned home to my parents home and to my Ida. She was very tired from a long day of filming the next Grumpy Old Men/Dogs. We awoke early the next morning and set course for home. In reflection I had a great time. There's something about traveling with someone who looks at you when you talk but you know they don't have a clue what you are talking about and really are only concerned with when the next meal happens. Now I know how my wife feels.

Looking forward to the next shopping spree.

0 comments: