CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

6.18.2009

bookworm

What have I been up to since February 19th? Besides a week's vacation in Las Vegas for our 2nd anniversary in May (pictures to follow) and filling prescriptions up to my eyeballs, my rear has been parked on the beach or by the pool reading. I know, I live a fast-paced, glamorous life, try to keep up. The biggest page turners were 2 completely polar opposite series.







I'm not even embarrassed any more to say that I am a Twilight fan. I fought hard, but eventually I gave in to the vampires calling my name and I loved every second of it. Twilight, check. New Moon, check. Eclipse, check. Breaking Dawn, check. We even rented the movie. (which doesn't come close to doing the book justice) When I fall asleep at night, I kind of secretly wish Whitey is a vampire when I wake up.

If you haven't read any Francine Rivers, put down the computer and go buy all of her books immediately. She had me from Redeeming Love but I must say the Mark of the Lion series is by far my favorite. A Voice In the Wind, An Echo in The Darkness, and As Sure As The Dawn are must reads. I get all teary eyed and goosebumped just thinking about them. These are extremely powerful books people.
My brothers and I have always laughed at my bookworm of a Mom. For as long as I can remember, summer days meant Mom was in the shade with a book. She can easily polish off 1, maybe even 2, books in a sitting. Well, scoot over Cindy, here's just one more way I can become even more like you.

2 comments:

alison said...

I am so glad to know you are still alive! Here are my thoughts....I, too, became obsessed with the Twilight Series. I was embarrassed about it at first, and then I figured that if I can still enjoy a bowl of Lucky Charms in the morning, then I'm not too old to be in love with a fictional vampire :) Second of all...Francine Rivers is fast becoming my favorite person on the planet. I read that whole series in like a day...and then I read Atonement Child, The Scarlet Thread, and I'm currently looking to find The Last Sin Eater. She rocks! So, we Roehms shall band together on our broad spectrum reading lists :) Miss you...love you guys....hope we see you soon (outside of the pharmacy!!)

Beverlydru said...

I'll be right over with my stack of books. I CAN be quiet... when my nose is in a book. : ) I haven't tried the Twilight series. I LOVED the Mark of the Lioin series. I think I enjoyed it even more having been to Rome and seen the Coliseum, etc. It made history so real. Keep us posted on "must reads".